5.28.2008

GMA Runs Story on Homeless Middle-Class Car Campers

Not long ago I posted a story here that discussed a woman who called herself middle-class but ended up losing her home and was forced to sleep in her car. The story talked briefly about the increase in "homeless parking lots" springing up around the country and today GMA ran a pretty good feature story about the woman and the use of parking lots for this purpose. I bring this up again here because it helps drive home two points: first, it provides us with some proof that the increasing homelessness in America is not solely comprised of the stereotypical person(s) one thinks of when one thinks of homelessness. Two, it adds some additional credibility to establishing a similar setup here in Nashville. As we wait for the bottom to arrive in the housing crisis, I suspect we're going to need one or two of them here.....

Smiling does a body good

Democracy Now Livestream