10.10.2007

"Nawlins" Bound....

I'm off to New Orleans in about an hour; flight leaves at 10:20 or so, and I am excited at the potential this conference holds for service providers and outreach workers. There is an abundance of lectures, workshops, seminars and tours related to outreach available to conference participants and I aim to take advantage of as much of it as possible. It will also be nice to take a break from the pressures of outreach work; while it is certainly rewarding, it has more than its share of challenges and yesterday there was no shortage of them, either. I of course will have my laptop and should be blogging periodically from my hotel, as well as sharing photos of some of the volunteer outreach that I just might be providing while in New Orleans, courtesy of a request for volunteers from one of the local agencies in the area. It ought to be a great experience so stay tuned....

Smiling does a body good

Democracy Now Livestream