
I wandered through the event for about an hour and half this morning between shuttling folks to it from all over downtown and East Nashville, and I must say, staffers were friendly, informed and helpful, there was a sh*tload of peeps buzzing around and there were stations for damned near everything a typical person who is living on the street might need, both to survive another day and to get off the streets and into something a little more....homey.....
I'll post some movies shortly, and hope to have some post-event discussions with folks I know attended the event.

I think most importantly however will be followup conversations with folks to see whether the event actually did more for them than what they might have gotten had they just accessed the services in the traditional manner.

One thing is certain tho, having a "one-stop" setup like this sure made things manageable and generally doable for folks who otherwise struggle simply to get from point A to point B during a typical day without going hungry in the process.....
Many thanks to everyone who worked so hard to make this a reality for Nashville's homeless! From the turnout and the number of services available, it sure seemed like a smashing success!
Can't hardly wait til next year.....