12.14.2008

"...the event raised more than $6,000 to benefit area agencies that work with the homeless."

 Although I didn't walk today, I sponsored someone who did, and I'm sorry I missed it.....


Ceremony remembers homeless who died
December 14, 2008 13:03 EST
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) -- At least 22 people in Nashville who died homeless during the past year were remembered in a weekend ceremony along the Cumberland River.

As two women sang "Amazing Grace" at Riverfront Park, about 20 people released flowers into the river to symbolize those who died homeless.

All 22 names were read aloud at the Saturday morning event, organized by the Nashville Homeless Power Project.

The morning began with about 100 people participating in a walk put on by the Metropolitan Homelessness Commission. Organizers said the event raised more than $6,000 to benefit area agencies that work with the homeless.

Smiling does a body good

Democracy Now Livestream