6.11.2008

Housekeeping and Saying Goodbye To Comcast

After the last 24 hours without any cable, internet or phone service at the house, I've finally reached my limit with Comcast's overpriced, underfeatured and generally second rate product and service. Having spent the last decade on DirectTV, it was one hell of a disappointing shock to discover my original apartment here in Nashville bundled Comcast with their apartments and forbade the use of Sat dishes on their decks. I was forced to use their ridiculously overpriced service for damned near a year, but no more. Now I realize that being without phone, cable and internet for the last 24 hours or so isn't in itself a huge deal, it becomes one when you factor in all of the problems we've had with Comcast up to this point. So, for about $30 a month less than what Comcast ripped me off for, , I'll have the Premier package through DirectTV, and a 6meg download speed (compared to the less than 1meg Comcast speed) dsl from Bellsouth, and a decent landline with far more features and freebies than Comcast ever delivered. Plus, for switching over, I got a $150 credit to my account and they waived all hookup and service fees. Can't beat that. DirectTV arrives tomorrow - hell, that's faster than I've ever gotten a service call appointment from Comcast. Phone and net switches on the 25th. Goodbye and good riddance to Comcast, who, by the way, in addition to the poor service and product, also has a nasty habit of censoring content they aren't in agreement with....

Smiling does a body good

Democracy Now Livestream