9.27.2008

Massive Tent City Cleanup A Resounding Success!!!

I'm pretty darned exhausted; I've been at the camp since around 8am this morning and we were busy nonstop until I left at 145p today.  I'll write more on the efforts soon but I'd like to thank a whole bunch of folks, including my buddy Denis, who hooked us up with the bobcat and the front end loader; Big Joe Dill from Inner City, who opened up all the gates and then pitched in on the effort right along with the rest of the folks, Father Charlie Strobel, Pastor Doug Sanders from Otter Creek Baptiist Church out in Brentwood and the students from Belmont he rounded up (and a special additional thanks to Doug for getting Ox a pair of sneakers - it's been over 4 months that Ox has been walking in shoes that should've been pitched back in June), Park Center employees Jeannie, WillyC, Lindsey and Courtney, a ton of concerned citizens who I can't even begin to name, and last but certainly not least, the residents of the camp, who pitched in 125 percent to get this monumental task accomplished today!

A "before and after" vid is coming but I've got to return to the camp tomorrow or Monday morning and shoot it, then splice it together, then upload it, blah, blah blah.  It'll come, just hold yer horses, okay!?!

Check it out....

(Click on image for larger size) 

















 

Smiling does a body good

Democracy Now Livestream