Way to put those "Dems don't support the troops" stereotypes to rest!
I'm the committee chairperson on the Agencies and Social Services committee for the event and while this is my first Standdown event, it's the 16th annual, I do believe, and the folks who're working on the festivities and services couldn't be a greater bunch of peeps, regardless of which side of the aisle they might sit on.
I'm looking forward to the event and a chance to lend a hand to so many of the homeless veterans in our community; I'm anxious too to check out how many folks show up. Last year they had 400+ homeless vets who came in for some help.
Incidentally, that's also a little more proof added to the pile debunking Wild Bill O'Reilly's claim there's "no homeless vets" in our country....
NewsChannel 5.com - Nashville, Tennessee - Democratic Headquarters Helps Homeless Veterans
I'm the committee chairperson on the Agencies and Social Services committee for the event and while this is my first Standdown event, it's the 16th annual, I do believe, and the folks who're working on the festivities and services couldn't be a greater bunch of peeps, regardless of which side of the aisle they might sit on.
I'm looking forward to the event and a chance to lend a hand to so many of the homeless veterans in our community; I'm anxious too to check out how many folks show up. Last year they had 400+ homeless vets who came in for some help.
Incidentally, that's also a little more proof added to the pile debunking Wild Bill O'Reilly's claim there's "no homeless vets" in our country....
NewsChannel 5.com - Nashville, Tennessee - Democratic Headquarters Helps Homeless Veterans
Democratic Headquarters Helps Homeless Veterans
Posted: July 26, 2008 08:43 PM
FRANKLIN, Tenn.- Some people in Williamson County are giving back to the men and women who served our country. The Democratic Party headquarters in Franklin is collecting clothes for homeless veterans. And, it's not just older vets that need the help. Volunteers said soldiers returning from Iraq, and Afghanistan are being added to ranks of the homeless.
The Williamson County Democratic party is working with Operation Stand Down Nashville, they're a group that offers job training, mental health counseling, and housing placement for the homeless.