12.02.2009

"It's a bit of a muddle."

Home today suffering from a vicious stomach virus - thanks for this almost certainly goes to Church's Chicken, which is where I had dinner - but am trying to be productive anyway.

David Corn over at MoJo's has a succinct and poignant piece on the Obama decision to send "more troops" to Af"morass"istan.

 SAY IT AIN'T SO, O!!!

The Obama Surge


The president is sending more troops to Afghanistan—and mixed messages on his policy.

—By David Corn

Sigh.  I support my prez here, no doubt about it, but Lordy, I sure hope he knows what he's doing on this one because I can't for the life of me see how we're going to succeed where everyone else, throughout all of history, has failed.  This decision is almost certain to go over like a lead balloon with most of us who voted for him....

Notable Quote:
"Obama has now made the Afghanistan war his own. This speech was just the opening shot in what will be a never-ending campaign to explain and justify a war that itself may be never-ending."

Smiling does a body good

Democracy Now Livestream