12.13.2009

Working On Some RL Issues


Friday, after returning to the homestead, my lovely wife and better half arrived home complaining of rather severe "lower  right quadrant" pain in her abdomen, with rebound tenderness, a slight fever and nausea.

It didn't take us long to head to the ER at Summit Hospital here in the Hermitage area and within about two hours, which was burned up performing a blood test and a CT scan, they had started her on IV antibiotics and scheduled her an appendectomy for the following morning at 830am.

She went through the surgery well, although it took much longer than expected because they discovered after they were in that she didn't have an appendix and the "inflamed area" on the CT scan turned out to be a tissue mass on her large intestine.

The surgeon removed it, sewed the pipes back together, sent the yuck out for a biopsy but felt extremely confident that it wasn't a cancerous growth and instead was an inflammation caused by an infection.

She's resting comfortably now and has been up walking, talking and generally living normally again, although she's pretty stoned on the morphine pump they've given her for pain control (I used to love those things; thank the Gods she doesn't have the same addictive history I do!).

Anyway, she should be coming home in the next few days so for the time being, I'm pretty much offline taking care of those I love.

Hope you'll keep my wife in your thoughts and prayers if you're the praying sort and I'll be back with some additional videos and news about the happenings shortly. 

Bummed I couldn't attend the homeless memorial yesterday but I know we were well represented, with over 100 people attending and several folks who spoke out about death on the street.

Would like to publicly thank those who stood in for me at the Memorial; really glad you all continued fighting the good fight.

Would also like to thank profusely the GREAT crew at Summit Hospital for their speed, compassion, and competence in their duties; it was a real relief and pleasure to be treated with such dignity, respect and haste as we went through the ordeal.  That is one fine hospital folks, and they treated us both with amazing kindness.  Can't thank em enough. 

Finally, a very special thanks to Denis "BMF" Huey, who brought me some great food, including an incredible hunk of slow-smoked pork tenderloin last night.  I was half-starved and that was some of the finest pork I've ever had the pleasure of sinking my teeth into in my life!  Just the fact that he thought about us while he was stuffing his face was good enough, but for him to get into his car on a Saturday night and give up his own time with his wife and family to bring me a dinner says a lot about him.  I'm proud to call him my friend.

Peace all.

S

Smiling does a body good

Democracy Now Livestream