Lordy, counting on Section 8 is like believing the Lotto will provide you with retirement when you hit 60.
The typical wait for most folks here requesting housing through a low-income property is anywhere from 2-3 years for most.
And by the way, the woman in the story talks about trying to get approved for Section 8 starting in June and I suspect that is June 2009. If that's the case, she couldn't even apply for Section 8, since it hasn't been open for applications since last December, if memory serves me correctly....
Katrina Survivor Homeless Again After Nashville Eviction
Posted: Sep 08, 2009 6:09 PM CDT
![]()
NASHVILLE, Tenn. - Marsha Swopes survived Hurricane Katrina and came to live in a free house from Fanny Mae. For two years she's called Antioch home, until Sheriff's Deputies showed up to evict her.
Tuesday was moving day for Swopes, her two daughters and two grandchildren, but they had nowhere to go.
"I'm just tired of moving. I want a place of my own that I can afford. I don't want to move anymore," said Swopes.