9.23.2009

CNN Visits Tent City

Lordy, I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing, but CNN was in town yesterday, filming at Tent City.  I spoke to several folks who were involved with the coordination of the crews and who provided interviews and I'm telling you, this camp has gotten more attention than you can shake a stick at.

The piece will air sometime next week; that's what the CNN crew told the peeps involved, and those folks are really hoping the message that comes across isn't so much the lifestyle choices of the camp but rather the incredible and urgent need for additional, affordable housing.

I'm really hoping that Obama gets this part of the message soon, whether it comes from CNN or not, because without it, I'm telling you, hundreds of thousands of folks are going to be royally screwed and cities around the country are not going to be able to stop tent cities from forming, no matter how hard they try.

Smiling does a body good

Democracy Now Livestream