3.04.2008

Rest In Peace, Cindy. You've Paid Your Dues....

Details are sketchy but it appears that Cindy Demuth has passed away February 23rd, 2008 from complications of her diabetes... I first met Cindy back around the first part of August, 2007. She was kickin it on the streets with her man Mike, and was volunteering with the Nashville Homeless Power Project. I shot a video of her and Mike back in September when they were frustrated and fed up with employment and living conditions here in Nashville. I bought her and Mike a ticket to Chattanooga back then and they headed out on a Greyhound, but Cindy returned about three weeks later, stating "irreconcilable" differences with Mikey. She remained in Nashville until about the first week or so of February, when she approached me with the news that she was pregnant and heading to Mississippi to live with Mikey's sister, who was also pregnant. She was so excited to go, although she was saddened to leave her work at the Homeless Power Project, as she'd been involved in a number of efforts and campaigns with the agency and had acted as a Team Leader for quite some time (the Contributor will be doing a tribute to Cindy - please check out what she did here in Nashville for the Homeless while she was here!) It was bitterly cold the day I got her the last bus ticket and we sat for a while in my truck, talking about good times we'd had, work that still needed to be done, and her excitement at having a new baby in her life. Cindy had become my friend and a face I looked forward to seeing whenever I was doing outreach work; she always had a smile and a hug for me and she was always busy helping those who couldn't help themselves......I snapped the flick above, gave her a bear hug and told her if she ever needed to come back home, all she needed to do was call me. May you find a Queen's meal on every street corner in the Cosmos, Cindy. May you have a huge, soft bed to lie down in whenever the urge strikes you. May you find warm crackling fires in the winter, cool lake breezes in the summer, and may the Ancients dress you daily in the clothes of your dreams. We are going to miss you, girl.....

Smiling does a body good

Democracy Now Livestream