8.18.2007

Rest In Peace Jesse, We Will Miss You

While attending Patricia Corbitt's funeral today, I received word that Jesse White, a Vietnam Veteran and longtime Nashville resident, died last week. Apparently his funeral was on Wednesday and I'm terribly sorry I wasn't able to pay my respects. Jesse was suffering horribly from a couple of terrible diseases common to those of us who live on the wild side of life and the last time I saw him he was seriously ill and headed to the ER - that was about three weeks ago now, at least. I received a phone call from him last Friday and although his voice sounded raspy and weak, he said he was feeling better but didn't know when he'd be able to return home. From what I can gather, he passed away on Monday.... I'm also very sorry that I didn't get the news sooner or I'd have posted it here immediately. Rest in peace, Jesse, you sure do deserve some!

Smiling does a body good

Democracy Now Livestream