5.27.2010

El Paso

Home sweet home!  El Paso was a great time, I've got to say, and I think we both shared a lot of our own expertise, as well as picked up on the local talent's superb efforts at overcoming their own dearth of resources and actually helping folks who need it the most.

I will say that it was somewhat strange to turn on the morning news and see the majority of reports focusing on violent - and I mean VIOLENT - encounters happening just across the border in Juarez, Mexico, but I'm telling you, the climate, the "dry heat" and the mountains in the distance all served to remind me of my home in Northwestern Nevada.   I'll admit, I had a few homesickness pangs for the High Desert countryside I spent a dozen years in that helped me so much in my own recovery.  Those pangs didn't last long, I'm glad to say, because frankly Nashville been bery bery goot to me and if I'd remained in the mountains, I wouldn't be doing this kind of work, that is for certain.

It's back to work this morning at my favorite day job, and I'm very much looking forward to a 3 day weekend that I can spend with family riding somewhere; anywhere, so long as at the end I don't have to check emails, return calls, view my calendar or spend any time whatsoever hunched over a keyboard - unless I'm ramping up my newest WOW challenge, Ms. Amgwnakckbty, in the vast wastes of the Blasted Lands!

Smiling does a body good

Democracy Now Livestream