5.02.2010

Power Spotty - Rain Hammering Us - Nashville a Disaster Area - And Still The Storms March On

Day two of wicked storms and deluges of rain.  The pics are incredible and we aren't anywhere near done with the storms yet.  It's like one solid sheet of rain that has been falling in front of the house here for 25 hours now.

I've been in some incredible floods; was once helicoptered out of the Feather River Canyon on Highway 70 during the  1997 Northern California floods, but I've got a feeling this flood is going to surpass anything I've ever seen.

That we even have power is miraculous; some 43,000 people are currently without any electricity and we've only been without power for about 30 minutes last night.

HUGE KUDOS TO NASHVILLE FIRE, EMS, POLICE, NES AND VOLUNTEERS ALL OVER THE COUNTIES FOR THEIR AMAZING EFFORTS!!!


Find info on floods, road closings and such from Nashville Metro Guv

Check out some of these flicks from the WSMV Channel 4 news site:

Smiling does a body good

Democracy Now Livestream