9.30.2007

Stone Soup Housecleaning News

The one or two frequent visitors that put up with my daily attempts of humor and delivering the news related to Homelessness will notice a new look to the site - I had been using the Harbor template from Blogger's pre-Google days and continued with it because it had such a wide sidebar area. It was butt ugly but I was forced into using it because when certain things were posted in the sidebar, they often forced the sidebar to load after all the posts. Oddly, this only occurred in Internet Explorer and not Firefox, and since I use Firefox damned near exclusively anymore (who needs the security risks and the pathetically inadequate bells and whistles of IE when one has access to Firefox? It's like choosing between a Chevy Chevette and a S65 Benz!) I couldn't tell right away whether something was jamming up the page load. Did I mention that the darn template background was butt ugly? Not sure this is much better but I 've got more control over some things and less control than before with others. I guess the tradeoffs are worth it, since I can more easily tweak the template. Good grief, that last template was just butt ugly. That's about it for now - and by the way, I'm sure the site here will continue undergoing some modifications as I tinker with the colors and fonts and crap so please bear with me, eventually I'll find something better to do.

Smiling does a body good

Democracy Now Livestream