Not sure what the guy was thinking, but what I do know is that the seller's agent had known about that tax lien since last February when he was first approached about listing the house by the seller.
"Disgruntled" doesn't begin to describe my attitude towards the scumbag who tried to pull one over on somebody and the agent who should have done a little better due diligence before putting his reputation on the line.
As you can imagine, it put me into one hell of a bind with my current residence, not to mention wreaking havoc with the carefully orchestrated plan to move during a lull in my business travel. But things happen for a reason I suppose, and it turns out that I actually found a better place with a little more square footage and double the land. Additionally, the old seller and realtor paid me back all my costs incurred and covered my new home warranty as well as the second appraisal and home inspection.
I was able to close today on the new place so I'm still able to vacate my current residence on time, and while it is a little more hectic to actually move thanks to the tight schedule I'm under this month, all in all I wound up with a better home, in a better area, for a better price.
Woot - Home Sweet Home Indeed!
It may seem a little strange to see a post about buying a new home in a blog about homelessness, until you realize that this home purchase culminates the journey I've been on since I became "of adult status" 35 years ago and struck out on my own to make my mark on the world. Suffice it to say, I did little marking of the world but the world sure left it's mark on me over the years. Oh to know then what I know today..
Let this be an example for those of you who think that the person you saw yesterday living under a bridge and smoking crack cocaine will never amount to anything, because people CAN change and miracles DO come true....
Let this be an example for those of you who think that the person you saw yesterday living under a bridge and smoking crack cocaine will never amount to anything, because people CAN change and miracles DO come true....
Hallelujah! It's a beautiful thannngggg....
