9.30.2010

Alternatives Conference In Anaheim Today


Hanging at the Hyatt in sunny SoCal today, participating in the annual Alternatives Conference  being held at the Hyatt Regency here in Anaheim, California this week. 

We're just a stones throw from Disneyland and the whole event has a Disneyesque feel to it, from the Dancing Lions at last evening's kickoff dinner to the number of amazing choices we all have for things to do while here at the conference!  Everywhere I look there are people with smiles on their faces and folks are revved up into overdrive to make this conference an outstanding time for everyone involved.

I'll definitely have pics posted soon, and have some general conference flicks of our time in Tacoma (was that like just a week ago???) as well, just as soon as I can return home to the new house and figure out where all my cables, connectors and table legs for my desk are! 

Some very interesting sessions happening here today that I definitely don't want to miss, either, including information on the Fidelity Assessment Common Ingredients Tool and Journaling for Empowerment, Self-Advocacy and Social Justice, both of which happen at the first session of workshops!

There are 20 pages of workshops to choose from in the guidebook, and half the battle is figuring out which one you want to attend the most, since so many pique the interest and have potent potential for immediate use once we all return to our day jobs!

Anyway, I'm thrilled to be here, hugely thankful to the amazing folks at SAMHSA for assisting with the funding for this extraordinary event and getting so many of us here to participate, and am looking forward to networking and learning a passel of things I can apply to my daily life and to those I work for on a daily basis. 

More coming soon!

Smiling does a body good

Democracy Now Livestream