Been hanging out with the great peeps at the National Coalition for Homeless Veterans 20th annual conference and I must say, the conference has been informative, busy and a whole lotta fun as well! If there is a problem at all, it is that the sessions are so well attended there is not enough room for everyone who wants to attend!
I spent much of Tuesday lingering in doorways, watching various speakers present on a multitude of topics, including using VASH vouchers effectively, understanding the services available at the VA, issues impacting female veterans, and a host of other issues too numerous to mention at the moment.
I was fortunate enough to get a seat in John Kuhn's Chaleng Program presentation and it was such a pleasure, not to mention a real honor, to meet the man whose slides have been an integral part of my own presentation concerning Bridging One's Way into the VA.
As most of you know, I've had an extended absence from the site here but I'm going to be back in force on the blog starting tomorrow as I will finally have a chance to catch my breath a bit from the work I've been involved with since early February.
It's none too soon either, since there is a lot to report here in the Nashville area, not to mention the nation.