1.20.2010

Nashville Coalition For The Homeless Starts a New Year With Vigor

I attended my first board meeting as a genuine member of the board yesterday and was pleased as punch at the level of participation and energy the board seems to be filled with as we begin a new year.

Lots on the table for the coming months and because we are an organization that networks and informs the community about available and new services, we're able to put a lot on our plate.  I don't want to share a whole lot here yet, since I'm not sure exactly what I'm able to divulge and it probably wouldn't go over well if I screwed the whole group after the very first meeting, so let me get some clearance on what can be discussed beforehand and I'll share as much as I can.

One thing I do want to mention here is that we're looking for attendees to the meetings and would love to see outreach, agency members and interested peeps come in and spend some time with us as we share info. 

Agencies and advocacy groups tend to get tunnel vision when they spend all their time locked into their niche; it's always good to get fresh blood because with it comes fresh perspective and new, updated info that folks may not be privvy to or in a position to hear due to their....positions.

So, if you can, please consider coming to a meeting or three; the board meeting will be the second Wednesday of each month at 3pm, tentatively scheduled to be held at Operation Stand Down Nashville's community room. 

The general meeting, which includes a spotlight speaker, "street talk" (outreach personnel discussing recent events on the street) and program updates takes place on the third thursday of each month at 9am upstairs at the Nashville Rescue Mission. 

Come on in, we'd love to see you there and hear what you've got to say!

Smiling does a body good

Democracy Now Livestream