4.28.2009

A Commission Meeting With Some Good News

Update:  well crap - my apologies but I just got word that the meeting has been canceled.  This has NOT been confirmed yet, but I trust my source and believe it's going to be rescheduled. 
End

If you can make it to this week's commission meeting (Friday at 9 over at the MDHA office on Rosa Parks), this would probably be a decent one to attend.  I've got word they will probably be announcing who's been chosen to fill the two positions that were flown and, while I'm currently not at liberty to tell you who they are, I know them and think they are stupendous choices that will certainly change the face of outreach here in the city, provided at least the Outreach Coordinator gets a relatively free rein in establishing the effort.

Congrats will also be in order for another close colleague, who will be "moving up" and I can't think of a more deserving person to fill a role vacated by one of the new "hirees" (is that a word?)

Sorry - if you want names you're gonna have to head to the meeting!

Smiling does a body good

Democracy Now Livestream