3.24.2010

Homelessness, poverty, mental illness, addiction; these are complex issues and so too are some of the solutions to address them.

One of the bummers about working two jobs is that it leaves little time for some of my favorite pasttimes, like early morning blogging.

I've been exceptionally busy both prepping for an upcoming regional training event in South Carolina for SAMHSA and HRC/PATH and have also been training a new assistant veteran services coordinator to help me at my day-job over at Operation Stand Down Nashville. 

It's left little time for much else, but don't let me leave you with an incorrect impression; I absolutely love what I'm doing and I think it will generate some great future blog posts, both here and at Change.org, not to mention on the HRC/PATH/SSH websites, regarding providing better services and a voice to those on the street who aren't always able to be heard.

Don't mean to break my arm patting myself on the back here, just letting folks know I haven't dropped off the face of the earth and I'm not out wasting anyone's time, either.  I'm working on improving my own knowledge base and skill sets so I can share it with others who do this kind of work and love every minute of it in the process.

Homelessness, poverty, mental illness, addiction; these are complex issues and so too are some of the solutions to address them.  I'm a big fan of the KISS formula  but it's difficult to pigeonhole and cookie-cut answers to the problems generated as a result of homelessness.  

Every day I hear about someone somewhere doing something that works for them and each time I hear it, I want to know more, MORE about it!

I'm hoping to share as much of it as I can with as many peeps as I can.  Hope you'll stick around to see what some of it is.

Smiling does a body good

Democracy Now Livestream