2.24.2010

An Icon Retires From Operation Stand Down Nashville

Yesterday Roland Huddleston, a 7 year veteran of Operation Stand Down Nashville, retired Navy man, and perhaps the finest client advocate anyone on the street can have, retired from his position at the front desk.

Roland had been experiencing some personal health issues lately and the hectic pace at the front desk was wreaking havoc on his condition.  Additionally, he is the Executive Director of Mediation Works here in Nashville and wants to spend more time with this agency in order to bring it back to full health, so he decided that it was time for him to move on.

It was an emotional moment when he told us, let me tell you, and I cannot tell you how badly I'm going to miss that man's knowledge, love for his fellow human and veteran, and the amazing amount of local knowledge regarding services, people in the area, clients, and OSDN procedures that will walk out the door with him. 

Roland, I'm going to miss you terribly, my friend.  I hope you find joy in the new path, and please don't be a stranger at OSDN.

Smiling does a body good

Democracy Now Livestream